Difference between revisions of "Album - Photo gallery generator which has theme support"
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
chmod +x jhead
cp jhead /usr/local/bin
cp jhead /usr/local/bin
Revision as of 21:30, 7 September 2006
- 1 What is it?
- 2 Requirements
- 3 Install Imagemagik + Jhead
- 4 Install Album
- 5 MarginalHacks/Album: MINI HOW-TO
- 6 References
What is it?
Album -  An HTML photo album generator that supports themes. It takes directories of images and creates all the thumbnails and HTML that you need.
Album is a perl script, which means you need to be comfortable with or prepared to use the command-line. If you just want a point-and-click, you may wish to look elsewhere. Features:
- You can use themes to choose or redesign the album "look and feel."
- Recursively descends directories to make a hierarchy of photo albums
- EXIF support, Video thumbnails...
- Has a plugin system that allows you to write perl code to alter the behavior of album.
- Slideshows, transparent overlays, credit tags, easy captions, and endless features!
There are a few photo gallery alternatives:
- Apache or Lighttpd or Thttpd
- Perl and the script for MarginalHacks:Album
- Imagemagick tools (specifically 'convert')
Install Imagemagik + Jhead
Skip ahead to #Install Album, apt-get will resolve all dependancies for you
- Install the Precompiled C development environment, running on the LS
- Install imagemagik from source.
Download ImageMagick.tar.gz from ftp.imagemagick.org or its mirrors and unpack it with this command:
wget ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick/ImageMagick.tar.gz tar -xvzf ImageMagick.tar.gz
Next configure and compile ImageMagick:
cd ImageMagick-6.?.? ./configure make
If ImageMagick configured and compiled without complaint, you are ready to install it on your system. You need to be root to install. To install, type:
- Install jhead
wget http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/jhead-latest.tar.gz tar -xvzf jhead-latest.tar.gz cd jhead-?.? make chmod +x jhead cp jhead /usr/local/bin
apt-get install jhead ffmpeg album
- Install the Precompiled C development environment, running on the LS (to get Perl)
- Download and run Album:
wget http://marginalhacks.com/bin/album.tar.gz tar -xvzf album.tar.gz cd album-3.12 mkdir -p /usr/local/bin cp album /usr/local/bin/ chmod 0755 /usr/local/bin/album
MarginalHacks/Album: MINI HOW-TO
- MarginalHacks Album Documentation
- http://marginalhacks.com/Hacks/album/Download.html MarginalHacks: Album Download
- Davepics.com - Snapshots of all Album themes
- jhead: Exif Jpeg header and thumbnail manipulator program
- ImageMagick: Install from Source
- marginalhacks.com Album Documentation: MINI HOW-TO
|This article is currently a stub. You can help this Wiki by . This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Stubs.|