The NAS-Central Community consist of all sorts of people
There are some with experience with linux, some even are coders but most guys here just have bought a linkstation and found out it was hackable. The Linkstation often is the entry-point for most guys to Linux. Nobody has to know much about Linux when starting to mess with the small boxes but expect a steep learning curve!
Note: NAS-Central is changing its structure slightly to cope with growth, and to ease the burden on the current team. The structure we are moving towards is depicted in the Community Structure Diagram, more information on the upcoming recruitment drive will follow soon! Please note that of course we expect some individuals will fall in many of the following categories (see Forum Group Listing for a more complete listing).
|Forum Moderators||Developers||Beta Tester's Group|
These guys (and the admins/moderators) have access to the
developer section of the community: DEVELOPMENT.
Joining The Beta Testers Group
The betatesters group will be restricted to those that meet the following requirements:
- Have some basic linux experience.
- Understand and accept a disclaimer that our Beta software is not tested/fully-tested and may cause problems.
- Understand and accept the "Terms and Conditions" of joining the group.
- We must keep the Beta Testers Group relatively small to limit support issues, so unfortunately not every community member will be able to join.
- Community members that downloaded alpha/beta software before the creation of the developer section will receive preference for joining the group.
Disclaimer (Wiki Version 1.1)
DISLAIMER OF RISK
THE USE OF ANY SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION WITHIN THE DEVELOPER SECTION OF LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET COMMUNITY DOWNLOADS CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING RISKS:
- THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION MAY NOT BE FULLY TESTED AND THUS MAY NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED.
- THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION MAY CAUSE THE BUFFALO LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT TO FAIL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION.
- LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT LOCKUPS.
- LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX HARDWARE DAMAGE.
- LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX OPERATING SYSTEM FAILURE.
- THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION MAY CAUSE ALL DATA ON THE BUFFALO LINKSTATION AND KUROBOX EQUIPMENT TO BE DESTROYED.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE DEVELOPER SECTION OF LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET COMMUNITY DOWNLOADS AND SOFTWARE WITHIN ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, ORAL OR WRITTEN, RELATING TO THE SITE OR SOFTWARE WITHIN. LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET AND IT’S COMMUNITY TEAM DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET AND IT’S COMMUNITY TEAM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE, SITE, OR FORUMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET OR LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET COMMUNITY MEMBERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXTRAORDINARY, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE) HOWEVER ARISING, WHETHER FOR BREACH OR IN TORT, EVEN IF LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET OR IT’S COMMUNITY TEAM HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET AND THE LINKSTATIONWIKI.NET COMMUNITY TEAM ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION
Terms and Conditions (Wiki Version 1.1)
The terms and conditions in this section is a MASSIVE violation of the GPL, under which most, if not all of the software is distributed. See Talk:BetaTesters for more.
Acceptance of Disclaimer
You must accept all terms and conditions and must fully understand all disclaimers before you may download or use the software and/or documentation within the developer section of linkstationwiki.net community downloads.
All software and documentation within the developer section of the linkstationwiki.net community downloads are provided freely. Download and/or use of such software and documentation implies that you agree, accept, and fully understand all terms, conditions, disclaimers.
- You may not distribute to any usernames or passwords given to you for access to the developer section of linkstationwiki.net community downloads without expressed permission from an administrator or moderator from the linkstationwiki.net community team. Any Beta Testers Group member caught distributing usernames and/or passwords will have their beta testing privileges revoked. Distribution includes, but is not limited to:
- Sharing any usernames and/or passwords with persons not belonging to the Beta Testers Group.
- Posting usernames and/or passwords within the forums.
- Posting usernames and/or passwords within personal websites, blogs, emails, etc.
- You may not ask for technical support in the form of private messages, emails, or forum postings unless:
- You have searched the forums and linkstationwiki.net BugTracker for similar issues and did not find an answer, and
- You have attempted to fix the problem yourself, and
- You have mentioned the issue in the linkstationwiki.net BugTracker.
- You are free to post comments in the forums about any software or documentation within the developer section of linkstationwiki.net community downloads. Comments may not allowed include:
- Technical support questions unless you have satisfied the requirements for technical support in above terms.
- Repeated support questions.
- You may not distribute any software within the developer section of linkstationwiki.net community downloads, in part or whole, to other persons unless they are a linkstationwiki.net administrator, moderator, or developer.
- You may not violate the linkstationwiki.net forum rules.
- You may not insist, harass, threaten, or bribe any member to fix any equipment, yours or third-party, or software issues relating to the developer section of linkstationwiki.net community downloads.
Support and Indemnification:
You agree and understand that use of any software or documentation within the developer section may cause your Buffalo Linkstation or Kurobox to become inoperable. Should your Buffalo Linkstation or Kurobox become inoperable, the linkstationwiki.net Community Team may attempt to fix your equipment, either physically or via Internet support, but are not required to bring any equipment back to its prior operable condition. If the linkstationwiki.net Community Team decides to terminate attempts to fix your equipment, you agree not to commence any legal litigation against linkstationwiki.net, any linkstationwiki.net community member, administrator, moderator, or beta tester in any jurisdiction.
All software within the developer section of linkstationwiki.net community downloads is subject to further terms of the GNU General Public License.
Members that wish to join the Beta Testers Group must add their names to one of the lists below and contact a admin/moderator. Approved members will have their names moved to the "Beta Testers Group" section of the Community Team Page. Approved members will also receive a private message in the forums containing a username and password for the Development Section of the Community Downloads.
Note: By placing your name on one of the lists, you are accepting the above "Terms and Conditions" and are expressing that you understand and accept the above disclaimer.
Normal Candidate List
Previous User Candidate List
Candidates here must also provide what software they used and forum documentation if possible.
- i.e. member - devtools-arm9 - http://forum.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?action=vthread&forum=16&topic=1765
- Terms, Conditions, and Disclaimers for the Beta Testers Group
- Debian for arm9-LS_Pro
- Kernel development for arm9-LS_Pro
- Development Tools for arm9-LS_Pro
Thanks for your cooperation,