ByRequest - Mediaserver for Tivos
I copied this from here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/archive/index.php/t-280030.html
Warning: you need some basic linux skills and command line access to your linkstation before you begin. For instructions on command line or telnet access to your linkstation see linkstationwiki.org.
What you need:
1) ppctools or mipstools depending upon your linkstation version from LinkStationwiki.org
2) LibJpeg from: www.jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz at ijg.org/files
- do the ususal ./configure; make; make install.
- You must also make install-lib
3) ImageMagick-6.2.5-5.tar.gz from www.imagemagick.org/script/download.php
- again, do the usual ./configure; make; make install.
4) byRequest tivo HMO server at sourceforge.net/projects/byrequest
- edit the Makefile to set DESTDIR to the location where you want the media server installed. I recommend /usr/local/bin
- do make; make install
- copy byRequest.conf to /etc; edit the image: and audio: lines to the locations where you store your files. Note: your shares are subfolders of the /mnt folder. I recommend commenting out the virtual: line as the virtual audio folders (for artist, album and title) run very very slow on the Linkstation.
- start the server with
/usr/local/bin/byRequest /etc/byRequest.conf -preload
- You should set up a script in init.d to start/stop the byRequest daemon and the appropriate symlinks in /rc.d/rc2.d (start) and rc0.d and rc6.d (both stop or kill) in order to start the daemon when the Linkstation restarts.
|This article is currently a stub. You can help this Wiki by . This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Stubs.|