This article Based on work by moomoo, nix, frontalot, and timtimred.
Originally by timtimred.
What is that?
iPKG is the package management system used in Projects/OpenLink firmware.
- Articles/GeneralIpkgOverview - An overview of the ipkg package management system.
- Articles/GeneralIpkgOnLinkstation - A guide to ipkg on the Linkstation (for end-users).
- Articles/GeneralIpkgManualInstall - How to install an .ipk package without having the ipkg package management system (for end-users).
- Articles/GeneralIpkgBuild - Information on how to construct ipk packages (for developers).
- Articles/GeneralIpkgFeeds - A list of ipkg feeds for the LinkStation.
We want to integrate the Itsy Package Management System into the OpenLink Images. This is something similar to other Package Management Systems in big distributions like debian or gentoo (Portage) where you can easily install additional software by an easy
apt-get install <software>
Some other big communities distribute there software that way already:
http://ipkgfind.nslu2-linux.org/ (click on the package sections on the left) http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Packages?action=show&redirect=OpenWrtPackages
Wasn`t there a feed already?
Frontalot created an unstable beta-version of OpenLink which included the needed binaries and provided a IPKG-Feed, but the problem was that by using the feed you updated the glibc which many programms are dependant on.....reflashing was the main cure.
We want to create and maintain in fact several IPKG-Feeds for all Linkstations that run OpenLink.
After setting everything up we can easily provide access to some package maintainers....they will get ftp-access to http://ipkg.linkstationwiki.net/
Including the binary ipkg-cl and configuring it is not the main problem. This is done pretty fast. The main problem until now was that we had no access to the webspace where the ipkg-packages were stored.
Now we have access, so await some progress soon :)
Pages in category "Ipkg"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.