This article Based on work by moomoo, nix, frontalot, and timtimred. Originally by timtimred. at Linkstationwiki.org
What is that?
iPKG - The Itsy Package Management System is the package management system used in OpenLink firmware, a very lightweight package management system. It was designed for Linux installations with severe storage limitations such as handheld computers. iPKG is more than just an embedded Linux flash image builder, (although it does that fairly well). It also allows for dynamic installation/removal of packages on a running system.
iPKG is itsy in several ways:
- The control programs themselves are small
- The installed meta-data tries to be only what is absolutely essential
- The available packages are small. (The idea is that the package tree should be as fine-grain as possible.)
- Look here for more instructions: Ipkg on the Linkstation (for end-users)
- Will eventually be at: http://ipkg.linkstationwiki.net
- Look here for more info: List of ipkg feeds for the LinkStation
Pages in category "Ipkg"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.