|LinkStation Live™ with BitTorrent|
|CPU||88F6281 600MHz Clock Speed|
|RAM||1*64 MByte DDR2 667MHz SODIMM SAMSUNG K4T51163QE-ZCE6|
|Flash ROM||128 MByte|
|Other||integrated hardware crypto engine|
|USB||one USB 2.0 ( Marvell USB EHCI Host controller)|
|internal HDD||1TB Model WD Caviar Green WD10EADS 7200RPM)|
|IDE/SATA Controller||Integrated Sata device|
|Fan||one in the case controlled by watchdog|
|Other||same platform design like SheevaPlug|
Buffalo LinkStation Live is a Network Attached Storage built in DLNA Server, desined for home networking to share your documents, pictures, movie and music over a network.
You can store contents from network computers or using the one touch direct copy function, that is a means of taking pictures or movies from your digital camera, camcorder and storage device via USB port directly. Stored data can be shared on your network and a built-in DLNA media server can stream it to a PC, a MAC, a Buffalo LinkTheater an other DLNA CERTIFIED™ entertainment devices. Our Web Access feature enables you to access your data and media stored in the LinkStation via the interenet by computuers and iPhone's. With a built-in BitTorrent Client, LinkStation can download content without the requirement to keep your PC powered up.
Intelligent Power Saving functions, timer power on/off and auto power on/off with your Windows PC all help towards power saving and eco in mind.
- With Web Access you can store, share and access files from any web browser
- Use Web Access for iPhone to access the digital library on your LinkStation
- Built-In Media Server connects to DLNA compatible digital entertainment devices
- One touch transfer of media files from digital camera/camcorder with Direct Copy feature
- Seamlessly integrates with iTunes® 7 and allows you to access your music files on the LinkStation from your iTunes software
- Supports Apple Time Machine
- Built-In BitTorrent Client
- Eco Friendly Power Saving Mode (PC Interlocking Power System/Schedule Power Management System)
- Built-in print server to print documents from anywhere on your network (*1)
- Easy setup does not require drivers
- Supports UPS connectivity via USB port
- Expand storage by adding a USB 2.0 hard drive
- Includes Memeo™ AutoBackup Software for Windows or Macintosh
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet with JumboFrame support
- Access your data from any Windows or Macintosh computers
- www.yamasita.jp: Pictures of the Mainboard (jap)
- buffalo-technology.com: LinkStation Live™ with BitTorrent
- pcconnection.com: LinkStation Live LS-CHL Shared Multimedia Storage
- The Buffalo NAS hacking Forums: LS-CHL LinkStation Live
- www.plugcomputer.org: Ressources of the SheevaPlug
Following section documents some additional technical detail on LS-CHL(v2).
Hacking LS-CHL is dangerous and may potentially brick your device, void your warranty, damage your data. Do it at your own risk.
Das U-boot is the bootloader used in LS-CHL device, as well as all other recent Buffalo products. U-boot is stored on the device flash ROM. It is the ONLY thing in flash. A file copy of U-boot is also present on the hard disk's first partition (/dev/sda1) in a file named u-boot.buffalo.
This page, although focused on older Linkstations, documents some U-Boot features that are specific to Buffalo products. Note that LS-CHL's stock U-Boot does not include the network monitor, so it is not possible to control the boot sequence as described there.
The initrd (initial ramdisk)
Buffalo's stock U-Boot loads the initrd from a file named initrd.buffalo on the hard disk's first partition (/dev/sda1).
This page documents how to alter the initrd.
Pages in category "LS-CHLv2"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.