Buffalo's new LinkStation Live (HS-DHxxxGL) lineup sticks to the general HDD bump scheme, with options for 250GB, 320GB and 500GB hard drives (at the respective prices of roughly $287, $306 and $441), spices things up a bit with DLNA for media pushing, and breaks new ground with iTunes server functionality.
It seems as if they are seeking to abandon the PPC/Freescale and MIPSel/IDT platform/processors altogether in favor of the system on chip ARM/Marvell processor. The device is the same from a hardware standpoint as the LSPro just as the HS is the same from a hardware standpoint as the HG.
In the UK the 500GB version is available from Staples stores at £159.99.
- Seamlessly Integrates with iTunes® 7 and Allows You to Access Your Music Files on the LinkStation from Your iTunes Software
- Built-in DLNA CERTIFIED™ server for easy playback of multimedia files to any DLNA CERTIFIED device
- Protect Data by Restricting Access With Group and User Level Security
- Built-in Print Server to Print Files from Anywhere on Your Network
- High Speed Processor and Fast 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Auto-Sensing 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port
The japanese version of the firmware for this device is available: http://downloads.nas-central.org/LSLIVE_ARM9/StockFirmware/HS-DHGL_103_002R_us.zip
Wiki Articles and Forum for LinkStation Live
The hardware, as seen in the image to the right, is the same as the LinkStation Pro, so see the LS Pro Overview page for the hardware details. Most of the LS Pro Wiki articles will therefore be applicable. Also see the Community Forum for LS Live and LS Pro (arm)
- Buffalo Technology: LinkStation Live
- Engadget: Buffalo's new HS-DHGL LinkStation NAS serves up some iTunes
- The NAS-Central Community Forum / Linkstation Pro (arm9) / Buffalo's new HS-DHGL LinkStation NAS serves up some iTunes
- SmallNetBuilder:Buffalo LinkStation Live: Slower than Pro, but media it does show
Pages in category "LSLive"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.