Das U-Boot (Universal Bootloader, German for "the submarine") is a boot loader for a number of different computer architectures, including PPC, ARM, MIPS, x86, m68k, Nios, and Microblaze. It is free software released under the GNU General Public License. It can be built on an x86 PC for any supported architecture using a cross development environment called the Embedded Linux Development Kit (ELDK).
The LS Pro, KuroPro and every Marvell SoC device that Melco/Buffalo/Revogear is currently producing come with UBoot. LinkStation and Kuro devices prior to the LS Pro had a rather non-descript and less flexible bootloader. Linux-not-Included ported UBoot over to these older devices, so that now all of the boxes that we we work with here have access to this increased flexibility.
- Das U-Boot project homepage
- linuxnotincluded's original U-Boot announcement page from 2006
- Introduction to Das U-Boot ... including some short examples of tftp, copying and flashing into ROM
Forum Threads Related to UBoot
- UBoot Ported to the LinkStation
- Installation of UBoot and Firmimg.bin on a LS-HG
- Account of a Bad LSPro UBoot Flash Fixed w/o JTAG
Pages in category "UBoot"
The following 13 pages are in this category, out of 13 total.