Debian Wheezy on LS-CHLv1
Starting with Debian 7.0, "Wheezy", Debian supports the LinkStation Live3/LS-CHLv1 out of the box and can be installed using debian-installer.
In order to execute the installer follow the instructions to Revive_your_arm9_box_from_scratch. However, before you run the TFTP server, overwrite the uImage.buffalo and initrd.buffalo files in the TFTP server folder, with the ones you downloaded. To boot your Linkstation through TFTP follow these instructions:
- Wait for 6 red flashing lights indicating E06 error code.
- Press function button for 2 seconds which changes back to flashing blue lights. At this point the TFTP boot recovery program finds the LS.
Once the installer is loaded into the LS, you have to use an SSH client to connect to it (you can guess the IP address, or look at your router’s list of DHCP clients). Login as installer (password: install) and follow the normal instructions for installing Debian.
Installation will fail at stage Making Your System Bootable due to bug #693839. Don't worry, you can force the execution of this stage:
- Go into shell.
- Chroot into target:
# chroot /target /bin/bash
- Install mkimage:
# apt-get install uboot-mkimage u-boot-tools
- Restart Making Your System Bootable task.
Once it finishes, you will have a fully functional debian installed on your LS-CHLv1. Congratulations!
Everything works out of the box except the power switch and the fan temperature control.
Fan temperature control
It can be enabled using the script on LS-CHL main page.
I've used triggerhappy to enable the power switch:
apt-get install triggerhappy
To configure it for shutdown your system:
- Edit file /etc/default/triggerhappy and set DAEMON_OPTS="--user root"
- Edit file /lib/udev/rules.d/60-triggerhappy.rules and comment the first ACTION. In my system, letting this action uncommented turned into a hangup during boot process.
- Create a file specifying an action for when power switch is moved to off position.
echo "SW_LID 0 halt" > /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d/gpio_keys.conf
- Restart triggerhappy