Difference between revisions of "Debian avr evtd"
m (9 revision(s))
Revision as of 19:56, 12 July 2007
Why you should not use kuroevtd
kuroevtd is old and is not working well ! Most people can't switch off their kurobox by pressing the power button, and it's kuroevtd's fault ;) kuroevtd's author didn't stopped his project, he just renamed it to avr_evtd as it can runs on the kurobox, but also on linkstation devices !
When you have installed Sylver's improved Debian image, this has already been done!
- Download avr_evtd from this page and move it to /: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=167880&package_id=190867
- de-tar the file (was called avr_evtd020606.tar.bz2 when writing this guide)
tar xzf avr_evtd020606.tar.bz2 cd avr_evtd/usr/src/avr_evtd
- Make sure you have installed the required packages to compile these files
apt-get install gcc apt-get install libc6-dev
- Build the file
- Install the file
- Make avr_evtd running at startup and stopping at shutdown
cd /etc/rc0.d/ ln -s ../init.d/avr_evtd K20avr_evtd
cd /etc/rc1.d/ ln -s /init.d/avr_evtd K20avr_evtd
cd /etc/rc2.d/ ln -s ../init.d/avr_evtd S20avr_evtd
cd /etc/rc3.d/ ln -s ../init.d/avr_evtd K20avr_evtd
cd /etc/rc4.d/ ln -s ../init.d/avr_evtd S20avr_evtd
cd /etc/rc5.d/ ln -s ../init.d/avr_evtd S20avr_evtd
cd /etc/rc6.d/ ln -s ../init.d/avr_evtd K20avr_evtd
To avoid conflict between 2 applications that have the same goal, you need to remove kuroevtd :
- remove script file
- remove start/stop symlinks
rm /etc/rc?.d/K20kuroevtd /etc/rc?.d/S20kuroevtd
- remove configuration files
rm -r /etc/kuroevtd
- remove application
Now your power button can be used normaly (yeah !) You can also edit /etc/avr_evtd/EventScript file to assign different actions for a button (sending a message to a network device before shutting down for example, running a backup script when pressing the red button ...) !
--Sylver 14:59, 14 June 2006 (CDT)