Difference between revisions of "Debian tricks"
m (7 revision(s))
Revision as of 20:00, 12 July 2007
- Change the sources of apt (HTTP, FTP, CD-ROM... and Servers):
- Or/and edit file:
You can also install netselect-apt, that will automaically generate a sources.list using with the fastest server from the ones avalable. Then you can replace/merge that new file with the /etc/apt/sources.list file.
After you done, don't forget to run the following command as root $ apt-get update
- Install languages for Debian (Man, Nano...):
apt-get install locales
- Personalize your box's name!
vim /etc/hostname (replace KURO-BOX with the name of your choice) vim /etc/hosts (update this file, if necessary)
- Change the timezone of Debian:
- If order to have your Real Time Clock working, you must use udev. Set it as root with the command:
hwclock --set --date="12/31/2007 18:13:00"
- Also, it's a good idea to have ntp to automatically sync the time
apt-get install ntp