Disassemble the LS MINI
Pop Open Case
The LinkStation Mini case turned out to be pretty easy to take apart.
- Using 1 inch flexible putty knife.
- There's a slot in the top case between the USB port and the Ethernet port.
- Insert the putty knife 1/4 inch, and then rotate the knife to lever the back of the case out, so that the top of the case can be pulled up.
- Then Carefully remove the top case.
Take off Side rails
There are no screws or tape or anything, it's just the parts you see here. The aluminum side rails have little bumps that hook into the drives where the screws would normally go.
After removing top cover all you need is to gentle pull these side rails.
If you detach the drives from the motherboard be sure to remember which one goes where.
If you swap them by mistake it doesn't appear to cause damage.
All that happens is that the LinkStation doesn't boot.
Swapping them back seemed to make everything work again.
Front side of Board
- In The middle, Marvel 88F5182-A2 C400. 400MHz ARM Processor.
- To the left, NANYA NT5TU32M16AG-3C. 512Mb DDR2 SODIMM two in 128 MB.
- Marvell 88E118-NNC1. Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Back side of board
- NANIYARA SST 39VF020. 256K x8CMOS Multi-Purpose Flash