Disassemble the LS MINI
Pop Open Case
The LinkStation Mini case turned out to be pretty easy to take apart.
- Using 1 inch flexible putty knife.
- There's a slot in the top case between the USB port and the Ethernet port.
- Insert the putty knife 1/4 inch, and then rotate the knife to lever the back of the case out, so that the top of the case can be pulled up.
- Then Carefully remove the top case.
Take off Side rails
There are no screws or tape or anything, it's just the parts you see here. The aluminum side rails have little bumps that hook into the drives where the screws would normally go.
After removing top cover all you need is to gentle pull these side rails.
If you detach the drives from the motherboard be sure to remember which one goes where.
If you swap them by mistake it doesn't appear to cause damage.
All that happens is that the LinkStation doesn't boot.
Swapping them back seemed to make everything work again.
Front side of Board
|Ethernet Disk mini|
|CPU||ARM 266.24 BogoMIPS ARM926EJ-Sid(wb) rev 0 (v5l) (88F5182-A2 C400 - 400MHz ARM Processor Marvell SoC)|
|RAM||128MiB DDR2-533 - 2 modules a 32MBx16 - either
|Flash ROM||NANIYARA SST39VF020 4Mb - 256kB x8 (NOR)|
|Other||RTC - Ricoh RS5C372A (I2C)|
|NIC||MARVELL 88E1118 Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver ("Alaska" series) RJ-45|
|USB||1x Type A|
|internal HDD||2x SATA 2,5"|
|Drive Capacity||2x250GB or 2x500GB (Hitachi Travelstar 5K500 500GB SATA II HTS545050KTA300)|
Back side of board
- NANIYARA SST 39VF020. 256K x8CMOS Multi-Purpose Flash