Disassemble the LS Pro v2 / LS Live v2
LS Pro v2 /LS Live v2 ?
Buffalo changed the hardware of the LS Pro / LS Live. At the beginning the LS Pro & LS Live were using the same hardware layout. but the hardware layout has changed. now the mainboard looks like the Kurobox Pro...with a striped down daughterboard and without the 256 MB NAND Flash.
Why should i disassemble my LS Pro v2 / LS Live v2?
- If you want to upgrade the HDD inside
- If your box is unbootable and you want to connect it to a desktop for data recovery
- If you want to solder headers for serial to the board
- If you want to solder the JTAG headers for reviving
- because you can!
How to get out the HDD
All steps below in a full video:
10 Steps to get the HDD out of the Case
Video - Opening Front of new LS Live
3. Remove the 2 screws.
4. Remove the side
Video - Opening Side of new LS Live
5. Remove the 2 screws. Notice the Board Code and that it was made in China.
6. Remove the daughterboard
Video - Removing the daughterboard
7. Remove the four screws. Notice the holes for JTAG and serial.
8. Remove the mainboard
Video - Removing the mainboard
9. Remove the 2 screws that are holding the hdd in place.
10. Get out the hdd!