Disassemble the LS Pro v2 / LS Live v2
LS Live v2 ?
Buffalo changed the hardware of the LS Live. At the beginning the LS Live's were using the same hardware layout. but the hardware layout has changed. now the mainboard looks like the Kurobox Pro...with a striped down daughterboard and without the 256 MB NAND Flash.
Why should i disassemble my LS Live?
- If you want to upgrade the HDD inside
- If your box is unbootable and you want to connect it to a desktop for data recovery
- If you want to solder headers for serial to the board
- If you want to solder the JTAG headers for reviving
- because you can!
How to get out the HDD
All steps below in a full video:
10 Steps to get the HDD out of the Case
Video - Opening Front of new LS Live
4. Remove the side
Video - Opening Side of new LS Live
5. Remove the 2 screws. Notice the Board Code and that it was made in China.
6. Remove the daughterboard
Video - Removing the daughterboard
7. Remove the four screws. Notice the holes for JTAG and serial.
8. Remove the mainboard
Video - Removing the mainboard
9. Remove the 2 screws that are holding the hdd in place.
10. Get out the hdd!