FAQ for LS-Pro
FAQ for the LSPro stock / modified Firmware
At the moment most of the info is given only in the linked forums. Please help to add the info gathered there to this page. Thank you!
japanese web interface
- after update I have a japanese web interface. What shell I do?
- I want to use special characters in my users passwords (e.g. Umlaute). The webinterface won't let me
- I want to use long passwords. the webinterface won't let me
installing another (larger) hard disk
- I want to replace/upgrade the harddisk of my LS-Pro.
It is possible and not too difficult. Link to mindbenders "Open the LS-Pro" Link to mindbenders "custom partitions"
Is a possible to shut / boot the LS-Pro automatically?
- It is possible to issue a shutdown command at a specific time via cron (google for cron/crontab!)
- It is not possible to boot at a given time or via WOL (Wake On Lan). However JonDoe has described hardware modifications making the box boot upon getting power. This makes it possible to turn it on via an external automatic power switch.