Getting OpenLink working on a LS-HS
Getting OpenLink on the HS
- Download both the HS-DGL-Firmware and the HG-Openlink
- http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/stock_firmware/hs-dgl_DirectCopy_149_107.zip (stock or the telnet-enabled, both have the firmware-updater included)
- Unzip both packages in a seperate folder
- Copy the image.dat from the openlink-HG-package over the image.dat of the HS-DGL-Folder.
- Run the firmware-updater and upgrade the firmware
After that you have openlink 0.51b on your HS. Then you have to deal with the problem that your box will somehow "soft-reboot" every 5 minutes....it is no real reboot as all told me...
Configure internet access
For the kernel 2.6-webinstaller to run you need your HS be able to connect to the internet. If you use dhcp all is fine.
if you use a static IP, execute
echo 'nameserver 220.127.116.11' > /etc/resolv.conf
This is a public nameserver....you can replace the IP with the nameserver of your choice...for example the same you use on your other hosts.
Solve the "soft-reboot" problem
- Documentation about Andre`s webinstaller + bootloader
- Information about controlling the bootloader
- Information about avr_evtd (it is automatically installed via the webinstaller)