From NAS-Central Buffalo - The Linkstation Wiki
Buffalo's new HS-DHGL "LinkStation Living" lineup sticks to the general HDD bump scheme, with options for 250GB, 320GB and 500GB hard drives (at the respective prices of roughly $287, $306 and $441), spices things up a bit with DLNA for media pushing, and breaks new ground with iTunes server functionality.
It seems as if they are seeking to abandon the PPC/Freescale and MIPSel/IDT platform/processors altogether in favor of the system on chip ARM/Marvell processor. The device will probably be the same from a hardware standpoint as the LSPro just as the HS is the same from a hardware standpoint as the HG.
- Seamlessly Integrates with iTunes® 7 and Allows You to Access Your Music Files on the LinkStation from Your iTunes Software
- Built-in DLNA CERTIFIED™ server for easy playback of multimedia files to any DLNA CERTIFIED device
- Protect Data by Restricting Access With Group and User Level Security
- Built-in Print Server to Print Files from Anywhere on Your Network
- High Speed Processor and Fast 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Auto-Sensing 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port
The japanese verson of the firmware for this device is available: http://downloads.linkstationwiki.net/LSLIVE_ARM9/StockFirmware/HS-DHGL_103_002R_us.zip
- Buffalo Technology: LinkStation Live
- Engadget: Buffalo's new HS-DHGL LinkStation NAS serves up some iTunes
- The Linkstation Community Forum / Linkstation Pro (arm9) / Buffalo's new HS-DHGL LinkStation NAS serves up some iTunes
|This article is currently a stub. You can help this Wiki by . This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Stubs.|