From NAS-Central Buffalo - The Linkstation Wiki
Revision as of 22:17, 16 June 2006 by Bauldrick
The boot process is as follows:
- The boot loader is loaded from /dev/fl2.
- The boot loader loads vmlinux.gz from /dev/fl1 and starts the kernel.
- The boot status is read from /dev/fl3.
- If "NGNG" is read or /dev/hda1 fails to mount, the ramdisk is loaded from /dev/fl1.
- If "OKOK" is read, the filesystem is loaded from /dev/hda1.
Most of this information courtesy of http://www.yamasita.jp/linkstation.en/index.html.