Java 1.5: Debian Make and Install
The purpose of this project is to have a place to archive TV shows recorded via ReplayTV and still be able to access them by browsing to the Kurobox from any ReplayTV on your LAN. I personally have this running on my LAN and it works flawlessly! Keep in mind, you will need at least an HG model for this to work reliably. A standard Kurobox will work with very mixed results.
The following set of instructions is assuming you will be starting from scratch on a Kurobox…let’s get started!
- Follow steps spelled out here
- Use the latest Kurobox Debian image from here (Be sure to select the correct download for your Kurobox [HG vs non-HG])
After Debian is installed it’s a good idea to install an ftp server. The Kurobox must have internet access at this time in order to install.
- Switch to root
# su root
- Install proftpd
# apt-get install proftpd
- When asked if this should be in inetd mode or standalone mode, select inetd mode if there isn’t going to be a lot of ftp traffic.
- Verify you can log into the Kurobox via FTP.
Install Key Packages
This will install some of the basic things to assist in making life a little easier when dealing with Debian.
- Install Key Packages which can be found here