Java 1.5: Debian Make and Install
The purpose of this project is to create a Debian package of Java 1.5 so that that it can be managed better than installing it manually.
- Follow steps spelled out here
- Use the latest Kurobox Debian image from here (Be sure to select the correct download for your Kurobox [HG vs non-HG])
After Debian is installed it’s a good idea to install an ftp server. The Kurobox must have internet access at this time in order to install.
- Switch to root
# su root
- Install proftpd
# apt-get install proftpd
- When asked if this should be in inetd mode or standalone mode, select inetd mode if there isn’t going to be a lot of ftp traffic.
- Verify you can log into the Kurobox via FTP.
Install Key Packages
This will install some of the basic things to assist in making life a little easier when dealing with Debian.
- Install Key Packages which can be found here