MediaTomb - Free UPnP MediaServer
MediaTomb is an open source (GPL) UPnP MediaServer with a nice web user interface, it allows you to stream your digital media through your home network and listen to/watch it on a variety of UPnP compatible devices.
MediaTomb implements the UPnP MediaServer V 1.0 specification that can be found on http://www.upnp.org/.
Currently Supported Features
- browse and playback your media via UPnP
- metadata extraction from mp3, ogg, flac, jpeg, etc. files.
- Exif thumbnail support
- user defined server layout based on extracted metadata (scriptable virtual containers)
- automatic directory rescans
- sophisticated web UI with a tree view of the database and the file system, allowing to add/remove/edit/browse your media
- support for external URLs (create links to internet content and serve them via UPnP to your renderer)
- support for ContentDirectoryService container updates
- Active Items (experimental feature), allows execution of server side scripts upon HTTP GET requests to certain items
- highly flexible configuration, allowing you to control the behavior of various features of the server
- Install the Precompiled C development environment, running on the LS (to get Perl)
- Install Ipkg on the Linkstation (for end-users) and enable the NSLU2 Feed: Ipkg Package List: PowerPC
- Install mediatomb with ipkg, which will also install the following dependancies: file, zlib, ossp-js, libexif, sqlite, readline, ncurses, id3lib, libstdc++
ipkg install mediatomb
go to http://linkstation:4912 to set up shares
|These instructions would need to be done, dependancies would need to be manually resolved and then the application would need to be compiled from source (or alien could be used on an RPM)|
Compiling from source
to be done see http://mediatomb.cc/pages/documentation#id2458225
|This article is currently a stub. You can help this Wiki by . This template will categorize articles that include it into Category:Stubs.|