Difference between revisions of "Performance tune the LinkStation hard drive with Hdparm"
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
Revision as of 19:10, 30 June 2006
1. Install hdparm if you haven't already:
apt-get install hdparm
2. Open up the hdparm configuration file and modify the performance settings:
3. Change the default ROOTFS settings to:
ROOTFS = /dev/hda
4. Add the following information at the end of hdparm.conf:
5. Test your old performance settings:
hdparm -tT /dev/hda
6. Reboot your LinkStation and retest your performance settings. Tada!
7. These particular settings may not always improve performance - try testing different settings.
- q tells hdparm to change the settings quietly.
- m16 sets the number of sectors to use for IDE block mode (multicount).
- c1 sets I/O support to 32-bit (from 16-bit).
- u1 enables unmasking of interrupts.
- S250 sets a spindown time of 5 hours.