Performance tune the LinkStation hard drive with Hdparm
From NAS-Central Buffalo - The Linkstation Wiki
OpenLink already comes with
hdparm, and actually uses it during boot. The article Performance tuning the LinkStation hard drive describes the details of changing the setting.
1. Install hdparm if you haven't already:
apt-get install hdparm
2. Open up the hdparm configuration file and modify the performance settings:
3. Change the default ROOTFS settings to:
ROOTFS = /dev/hda
4. Add the following information at the end of hdparm.conf:
5. Test your old performance settings:
hdparm -tT /dev/hda
6. Reboot your LinkStation and retest your performance settings. Tada!
7. These particular settings may not always improve performance - try testing different settings.