Difference between revisions of "Performance tuning the LinkStation hard drive"
Revision as of 00:43, 23 July 2006
Based on work by frontalot and nix.
Originally by frontalot.
1. Open up the hdparm startup script and modify the performance settings:
2. Add the following settings:
3. Test your old performance settings:
hdparm -tT /dev/hda
4. Reboot your LinkStation and retest your performance settings.
5. These particular settings may not always improve performance - try different settings.
- tells hdparm to change the settings quietly.
- m16 sets the number of sectors to use for IDE block mode (multicount).
- c1 sets I/O support to 32-bit (from 16-bit).
- u1 enables unmasking of interrupts.
- S250 sets a spindown time of 5 hours.