SCON-KIT/ PRO quick manual
From NAS-Central Buffalo - The Linkstation Wiki
Revision as of 04:26, 19 July 2007 by Ramuk
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Directions
- 2.1 Setup Process
- 2.2 Example: the way to setup using “HyperTerminal” in WindowsXP/2000
- SCON-KIT/PRO is a serial console connection kit for KURO/BOX/PRO
- You will need a SOLDERING IRON for this kit
- The chance of guarantee is only for the first time when it does not work
- The term of guarantee depends on the store
- No repair or support service for this kit
- Help page for this product:
HELP ME! BBS http://kuroutoshikou.com/modules/kurobbs/?iid=992
|USB Type A||<-->||USB board FTDI FT232RL|| ---TXD-->
|KuroBox Pro Daughterboard|
|Kuro-Box/Pro Interface||3.3V TTL|
|PC Interface||USB 1.1|
Scion Kit Pinout
KuroBox Pro UART0 Pinout
- Do not insert/extract or push/pull attached connector frequently
- Do not put stress on connector and base
- Do not attach connector when the power of KURO-BOX/PRO is on
- You will need terminal software
Attach Serial Header to circuit board by soldering iron make sure the AC plug is off.
- Open front panel of KURO-BOX/PRO, take the HDD daughter board out.
- Put the serial header onto UART0. make sure pin No.1 match to TXD.
- Attach with a soldering iron from the back of the base.
- Put the daughterboard back onto the KURO-BOX/PRO
Connection of SCON-KIT/PRO
- Connect SCON-KIT/PRO and UART0 on the sub base of KURO-BOX/PRO by using a patch cord
- Do not connect to the PC yet.
Preparation of appropriate COM port driver and install
- download the appropriate COM port driver for FT232R from the URL below
- Connect the SCON-KIT/PRO to the USB port of PC. Install the driver which you downloaded.
- Open Device manager and check which COM port is used. For example in the picture, port is named COM5.
Set up the terminal software
- Start terminal software. See KURO-BOX/PRO UART specification set up serial port. Use your COM? port for setting.
Example: the way to setup using “HyperTerminal” in WindowsXP/2000
- start “hyper terminal” and register a name of the new connection
- connection method: chose COM? which you checked before
- see KURO-BOX/ PRO UART specification and set up the port
- you can see he picture when you start KURO-BOX/PRO
|sometimes, you may get the junk/Trash data when you turn the power on/off or reboot, but it is not abnormal. If you cannot return, reset the terminal software or reconnect.|