Samba - a Windows-readable file share
apt-get install samba smbfs
2. Enter your domain/workgroup when prompted. The Windows XP default is MSHOME.
3. If prompted, select yes to creating a password database.
4. Although it is possible to setup Samba manually, it is highly recommended that you use Webmin (see Articles/DebianWebmin) for configuration. Webmin is much easier to use and will undoubtedly save you a lot of trouble.
- http://www.samba.org/ The samba web site
- http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/toc.html "Using Samba", by Ts, Eckstein, and Collier-Brown (O'Reilly)