Samba - a Windows-readable file share
apt-get install samba smbfs
2. Enter your domain/workgroup when prompted. The Windows XP default is MSHOME.
3. If prompted, select yes to creating a password database.
4. Although it is possible to setup Samba manually, it is highly recommended that you use Webmin (see Webmin to remotely administer your LinkStation) for configuration. Webmin is much easier to use and will undoubtedly save you a lot of trouble.
- http://www.samba.org/ The samba web site
- http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/toc.html "Using Samba", by Ts, Eckstein, and Collier-Brown (O'Reilly)