From NAS-Central Buffalo - The Linkstation Wiki
based on work done by Frontalot
1. Install the Samba and SMBFS packages. Use the command:
apt-get install samba smbfs
2. Enter your domain/workgroup when prompted. The Windows XP default is MSHOME.
3. If prompted, select yes to creating a password database.
4. Although it is possible to setup Samba manually, it is highly recommended that you use Webmin for configuration. Webmin is much easier to use and will undoubtedly save you a lot of trouble.
- ↑ http://www.samba.org/ The samba web site
- ↑ http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/using_samba/toc.html "Using Samba", by Ts, Eckstein, and Collier-Brown (O'Reilly)
- ↑ http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/smb.conf - a sample smb.conf file
- ↑ Webmin to remotely administer your LinkStation