From NAS-Central Buffalo - The Linkstation Wiki
> bg and Sec hacked the password for the 1.05 firmware and were able to make, pack and apply ower own firmware image.
Great! What is the password?
And now what? Only a few paragraphs above you say:
> For the time being it's not possible to hack the TeraStation without adding a serial console first.
So can I hack the TS without a serial console now or not?
--Hanno 12:00, 19 May 2005 (CEST)
- Hey man, be patient. I've documented it now.
- So, back to work
- --Bg 14:28, 19 May 2005 (CEST)
- Sorry, didn't mean to be rude! I'm extremely happy that you guys figured this out so fast!
- --Hanno 15:45, 19 May 2005 (CEST)
Scott by any means please post your kernel modules, as I was able to produce modules that allow me to mount an nfs export, but when I try to do any operation over them this mount gets stuck. And if you can, please include your .config with the modules.
--Yvasilev 19:23, 18 Aug 2005 (CEST)
Just downloaded European 2.00 firmware. Extracted, added Dropbear and NFS like described in this Wiki. The ~var symlink was not overwritten when extracted using the same tar command as suggested for Dropbear. Still, one could always extract with -w as well, do not extract the /var stuff, but extract it to another folder later on and move it manually. Re-compressed, installed new firmware. File system still there without problems. Only remaining problem:
- admin@TERASTATION:/etc$ /etc/init.d/nfs-common start
- /etc/init.d/nfs-common: modprobe: command not found
- Starting NFS common utilities: statd/etc/init.d/nfs-common: start-stop-daemon: command not found
Therefore on client side:
- [root@linuxbox ~]# mount 192.168.13.8:/mnt/array1 /mnt/terabackup/
- mount to NFS server '192.168.13.8' failed.
Two additional comments:
- after extracting the NFS stuff, etc/exports needs to be edited. The default exports only to 192.168.1.1, but you probably want to adjust it to export to either your box (change IP there) or your whole network (/mnt/array1 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(rw,root_squash) or similar).
- You need to edit linkstation_version.txt to show a newer version number, otherwise you won't be able to upgrade.