From NAS-Central Buffalo - The Linkstation Wiki
Revision as of 12:08, 10 August 2005 by Bg (Still trouble with the hardware)
You should realy check out the Recentchanges.
- WhatTheHack was mostly wet and I did not do any hacking on the terastation.
- The system hosting this Wiki is still VERY unstable and keeps on crashing at last daily since 2005-08-07. I will next swap the RAM (again) and hope for my mainboard to be repaired by Tyan but can not prommise anything :-(
- too little time, too much to do.
- I will go to WhatTheHack and take my terastation with me.
--Bg 14:39, 24 Jul 2005 (CEST)
- Sorry for the longer downtime today
- What ever happened on firday, it struck hard. It killed
- the mainboard: which will procude ECC errors in the last MB of RAM (0x?ffff000, with ? beeing 1 for 512MB, 3 for 1GB and 7 for 2GB)
- one Memory module: will now produce an ECC error at 2MB in the already broken mainboard, will freeze the backup mainboard
- one disk:
- the 3ware RAID controller rejects it within minutes
- IBM's drive fitness test will find a fatal error after about 1.5h
- Seagate's own test (it's a Seagate disk after all) will just core on the test system.
- BTW: Seagate RMA suxx in Germany/the whole EU (No advance replacement and they'll send me a replacement drive within 30 days of my old drive reaching them, and if they have a drive in stock it'll still be up to 5 business days).
- System is back, up and running again. But no RAID and only half the memory and more ECC :-(
--Bg 22:20, 27 Jun 2005 (CEST)
- Some small changes.
- Sorry for the downtime today. Had a kind of fatal server failure. Mainboard and one harddisk broken. Running on replacement mainboard, but only one disk.
- Expect more downtime soonish.
- From Buffalo Technical Support, answering the question "Does the TeraStation support NFS?"
- Thank you for contacting Buffalo Technical Support. The TeraStation does not support NFS and there are no plans to update it to do so.
Deborah Buffalo Technical Support Team www.buffalotech.com
- I should have made a backup copy. Buffalo has reverted the official TeraStation description. While the UK version is back to windows only, the US version still lists support for Linux/Mac. Better read it twice, the UK version still lists NFS but no client os support other then windows, WTF?
- Buffalo has updated the official TeraStation description. Noteworth changes:
- NFS support
- Client OS Support: Windows, Apple, Linux Operating Systems. Used to be Windows only.
- till 2005-05-05
- lot of small changes, see Recentchanges
- The CSS looks useable.
- Still bugs with IE (for Mac, but probably all). But who cares.
- The preference panel is unusable, sorry.
- added an instruction how to access the serial console.