USB Host Controller
The Kurobox and the Kurobox HG both use a NEC μPD720101GJ-UEN USB Host Controller. The standard Kurobox comes with only one USB 2.0 port on the rear of the casing. The Kurobox HG, however, has a USB 2.0 port on the rear, as well as one on the front.
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0 (Data rate 1.5/12/480 Mbps)
- Compliant with Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI) Specification for USB Rev 1.0a
- Compliant with Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) Specification for USB Rev 1.0
- PCI multi-function device consists of two OHCI host controller cores for full-/low-speed signaling and one EHCI host controller core for high-speed signaling.
- Root hub with 5 (max.) downstream facing ports which are shared by OHCI and EHCI host controller cores.
- All downstream facing ports can handle high-speed (480 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), and low-speed (1.5 Mbps) transaction.
- Configurable number of downstream facing ports (2 to 5)
- 32-bit 33 MHz host interface compliant to PCI Specification release 2.2
- Supports PCI Mobile Design Guide Revision 1.1
- Supports PCI-Bus Power Management Interface Specification release 1.1
- PCI bus bus-master access
- System clock is generated by 30 MHz X’tal or 48 MHz clock input.
- Operational registers direct-mapped to PCI memory space
- Legacy support for all downstream facing ports. Legacy support features allow easy migration for motherboard implementation.
- 3.3 V power supply, PCI signal pins have 5 V tolerant circuit.
It is possible to add another USB port to the front or to the back of the Kurobox.